Monday, May 10, 2010

Welcome to the Realm of Quindia!


The Realm of Quindia has been the basis for my fantasy role playing campaigns since 1980. During that time, it has grown from a sketchy map to a richly detailed world that has taken on a life of it's own. This blog will be home to full color maps, detailed descriptions of the people and places of Quindia, a brief timeline, unique and often strange characters, stories, artwork, and encounter ideas, as well as my general philosophy on gaming, campaign creation, and updates of my campaigns as they continue. Much has been borrowed from other authors and game designers, but hopefully this only serves to bring an atmosphere of familiarity that all good fantasy settings have. If you actually want to use this world, feel free to alter what is given here or detail regions that I have left as simple sketches to make Quindia what you want it to be. The realm has benefited greatly from the input of others in the past and it can only continue to do so. If this blog only serves to inspire you to create your own campaign world then it will be well worth the effort.

Though my roots and heart are with the old school crowd, I use 4e for my games these days. Despite the debate across the net about 'role playing' vs 'roll playing', my players and I have found our 4e games to be much closer to our nostalgic campaigns of yore than other recent editions of the game...

1 comment:

  1. Seriously thanks for posting all of this big brother. I have enjoyed the years of adventure we have shared more than probably anyone. It has been the stuff of legend.

    ReplyDelete